I'm changing the look of this website, but it is a work in progress. You may notice some pages look different than others, until I get the update done. Thank you for your patience!
This angel craft is a cute project for children to make around the holidays. Her body is made from a popsicle stick, and all you need is some paper and felt (or foam board) to make the rest of her.
This is a great little craft to do with the Sunday school kids or in the classroom. Her gown allows her to stand up on her own, or a cord can be attached for hanging as an ornament.
1. Begin your angel craft by folding a standard sheet of white paper (8.5 x 11 inches) in half lengthwise, and cut along the fold. You will only use one half of the paper. Save the other half for another angel is you are making more than one. Starting at the shorter end, fold up the sheet of paper, accordian style.
2. With the paper all folded up, fold it in half once. Then, use your scissors to cut a small slit at the folded edge. When this is unfolded you can stick the popsicle stick through this cut.
3. Now open up the fan and slide the wooden craft stick into the slit. Position the wings about 2/3 from the bottom of the stick.
4. Using a compass or another template, draw a circle on the holiday wrapping paper, about 6 inches in diameter. Then, cut a slit to the center of the circle.
5. Now wrap the circle around itself to form a cone, and glue or tape in place. Then, cut a small slit in the top of the cone for the popsicle stick to thread through.
6. Slide the cone on the bottom of the popsicle stick. Put a drop of glue where the cone meets the stick, if necessary.
7. To make the head, fold a piece of colored felt you choose for the skin in half. If you like, you can also use foam board. Cut out a small circle, so you end up with two circle the same size. Glue one half to one side of the popsicle stick, and one half to the other side.
8. Bend a gold pipecleaner into a halo shape, apply some glue to the pipe cleaner stem and insert it in between the two felt circles of the head. Make sure it is adhering to the popsicle stick. You may want to use a clothespin to clamp it down, to make a tight seal, while it dries.
9. Now you can add the features to the face of angel craft. You can glue on some yarn for the hair, add foam or felt pieces to make the facial features, and glue googly eyes if desired. You can also add a cord for hanging if you desire, and it can be tied around the base of the pipe cleaner halo.