I'm changing the look of this website, but it is a work in progress. You may notice some pages look different than others, until I get the update done. Thank you for your patience!
Chocolate kiss roses! Who could resist a bouquet of chocolate?
These are easy and inexpensive to put together. Each rose is made from two chocolate kiss candies and are wrapped with cellophane. The stem is then secured with floral tape.
Many of these can be made for pennies each, making them a cute craft idea for giving away as favors. Teachers may enjoy making them to hand out to their students for Valentine’s Day. Or, if you are having a February wedding, these would make unique homemade wedding favors. In fact, this craft idea originally came from a Realtor, who was giving these away as a “thank you” to patrons for coming to her open house. She then attached her business card to each rose, which was a great way to be remembered.
1. Begin the chocolate kiss roses by cutting the floral stems to nine inch lengths. Pre-cut all the wire for all the roses you plan to assemble, it makes things easier. Also pre-cut the cellophane into 6 inch squares, one square to each chocolate kiss rose.
2. Make a bend in the top of the wire as shown in the photos. First bend about ½ inch of the wire at a right angle, to form an “L” shape. Then continue to bend this around to create an “s” shape that is at a right angle to the wire stem. The exact way the wire is bent is not crucial. The idea here is to create a base for the two chocolate kisses to sit on, and to secure the wire inside the two candies so that it won’t pull out.
3. Place one chocolate kiss sitting upright on top of the “s” shape wire you bent. Place another chocolate kiss upside down below the “s” shape wire, so that the wire is sandwiched between the two chocolate kisses.
4. While holding on to the two kisses and the wire stem, place it in the center of the six inch cellophane square, and fold the cellophane over the top of the kisses. Then, wrap the cellophane around the kisses tightly, as if you are wrapping a lollipop or a sucker.
5. Secure the cellophane by wrapping it tightly with floral tape. Floral tapes adheres to itself to make a tight seal. Continue wrapping the floral tape all the way down the length of the floral stem, before cutting it off.