I'm changing the look of this website, but it is a work in progress. You may notice some pages look different than others, until I get the update done. Thank you for your patience!
I made this Lyrical Letters Cricut card for my children's teachers in honor of Teacher Appreciation week.
This project uses the Lyrical Letters cartridge. This is small square card measuring 4" x 4". There is a reason I chose this size. If you also have the Plantin Schoolbook cartridge you can make an envelope to fit this using a 8.5" x 11" piece of card stock.
1. Fold a 8" x 4" of cardstock in
half to create a 4" x 4" card. This will be the card base.
2. Cut a patterned sheet of paper 3 3/4" x 3 3/4" and glue it on top of the front of the card. I used the scalloped frame option on the Accent Essential cartridge (select "shift", then button 47. Cut at 3 3/4").
To make the title words, load your cardstock.
Select "Thanks" (button 41) then select "jumbo".
Select 3". Press "cut"
4. To make the background of the words, select "repeat last" but move the size up to 3 1/4". Press "cut". Lyrical Letters does not have a shadow feature. To create the same effect, I cut the shadow of the words 1/4" larger and just layered them slightly off-center. Glue everything on the center of the card.
4. Load on a contrasting shade of paper for the bird. Then select "shift", then select "thanks" (button 41), then select "jumbo". Select 3". Press "cut". This will cut out the bird only. Glue this directly on top of the bird on your card. Add glitter glue to the bird's wing for a little extra sparkle.
5. If you own the Plantin Schoolbook cartridge, you can make a perfectly sized envelope for this Lyrical Letters Cricut card, using only a 8.5" x 11" piece of cardstock. To do this, load your paper, select "shift" on Plantin Schoolbook, followed by the card button (button 48) which will select the envelope. Then select "roly poly". Select 4". Press "cut". Score on the fold lines and glue the envelope together. This card and envelope are so cute together!