Seashells can be made into beautiful crafts, and works of art. Here's a good example. Here, I painted the seashells to look like flowers. By gluing them together, they begin to resemble a beautiful bloom. Here's the steps below on how to recreate these seashell flowers: cockle seashells halves strong adhesive glue paints very strong wire, such as a coat hangervase or pot air hardening clay or floral foam base to hold wire stemsInstructions:
1. Clean the seashells thoroughly and allow to dry.
2. Paint the seashell halves as shown, and allow to dry.
3. Glue the seashells halves on top of one another, overlapping, as shown. Begin at the back and layer them up to the front. Use a strong glue for this.
4. Attach these blooms to very strong wire, such as a coat hanger. Or, they can be attached to wooden sticks. Use glue, or use a thinner wire to wrap around the bloom and then wrap around the stronger wire stem. Or, you can use floral tape to attach them.
5. Create a strong base in the vase by using a firm floral foam to stick the stems into, or use an air hardening clay inside the vase. Stick your wire stems in while it is soft and allow to air dry.
If you enjoyed this project, see my other works of art at my blog:http://o-artgallery.blogspot.com/