Painted Wine Glasses
Holiday Craft Ideas
These painted wine glasses are
and classy way to dress up inexpensive clear wine or champagne flutes
for your New Year's Eve party! Holiday craft ideas such as this will
make your next party special! These also make a wonderful
gift to bring if you are attending a party. Anyone can do it, just
follow the step by step instructions below. This technique can also be
used to decorate the disposable plastic wine or champagne glasses if
you use those at your party.
Needed for this glass paint craft:
- wine or champagne glasses
- glass paint in various colors of choice
1. Begin by cleaning the glasses well. A little bit of rubbing alcohol
rubbed on the outside of the glass will ensure a nice, clean surface.
Begin by dipping the other end of the paint brush into one color of
paint. Then, use this to make perfect little dots on the glass. Begin
to paint an inch wide swirl that will run down the length of the glass,
and around, as shown in the photos.
2. Next, change colors. Add more dots in between the ones you just
made. Continue with as many colors as you choose. I did four colors,
blue, aqua, purple, and pink.
3. If you want, continue decorating by painting the stem of the glass,
and/or add more dots to the base of the wine glass.
4. Allow to dry well. These wine glasses will last longer if they are
hand washed after use. Enjoy!