Summer crafts keep the kids busy when they are home from school, and helps fight boredom. So the next time your child says, "Mom, I'm bored! What can I do?", please
keep this page handy and pick out a craft from the list.
Many of you may know that I love making recycled crafts, using materials that would normally be thrown away. Always keep a few empty toilet paper tube rolls and paper towel tube rolls. I also
like to save a few empty soup cans and plastic pop bottles. Keep a couple stashed away and the next time your kids are feeling bored, you'll have the material on hand to make some of the fun crafts I have below.
Of course there are crafts for adults too, such as some beach inspired home decorations, and pretty things for your yard or garden
Jar Candle Holder
- These really beautify the outdoors, for everyday or any summer party. These are easy to make and look beautiful in clusters, hanging from trees.
- If you happen to go on a beach vacation, be sure to save some sand and shells to you can make this "beachy" souvenir.
- An easy way to adorn a wooden plaque to
make cute wall hanging for the summer.
dragonfly is made with some wire and beads. It is a simple
beaded project for a beginner.
- This dragonfly is made out of window screening!
A pencil is the dragonfly's body. This looks
beautiful on a window or attached to a window screen.
- A fun craft for kids as young as one!
Children thread fruit ring cereal on to yarn to make a cute
- Learn how easy it is to make a bubble wand
that will create gigantic bubbles! I also include the secret
bubble recipe for HUGE bubbles. Be sure to see the video at
the end demonstrating the proper technique of creating gigantic bubbles
that will amaze your friends!
- Learn how to do a simple knotting technique to make
a cool hemp necklace.
- The kids will love making these colorful little lizards out of
plastic lace and a few pony beads. A great summer camp
- This small graduation cap is made out of
paper with a few simple folding techniques.
- Small booze bottles are recycled and
threaded on to a string of white lights to make the perfect party
- Step by step instructions show you how to
form this beautiful dragonfly out of polymer clay.
- A green plastic pop
bottle is recycled into a light up firefly, using a glow stick!
Bottle Wind Spinner
- This unique wind spinner is made
out of a recycled 2 liter soda bottle.
- Your children will love making sand casts of their
hands and feet out of Plaster of Paris. This craft can be
done at the beach, or in their own sand box!
- This is a cute summer craft for kids. Paper
towel tubes are recycled and used to make a sand castle. The
tubes are then rolled in glue and covered with sand.
- A quick and easy candle centerpiece with has
some nautical flair. It goes great with the seashell napkin
rings (link below).
- Beautiful napkin rings you can make yourself,
using a bit of jute and a few seashells. You will have these
for years to come!
- Looking for something to do with your collected
seashells? Make this beautiful wreath made out of seashells
for your front door.
- Adorable watermelon slices are created using
polymer clay and a simple cane technique.
- This project shows how to create a candle holder out of a normal wine
bottle (it is super easy!). It also shows a creative way to
decorate the bottle with seashells.
The crafts that appear
below are all submissions from visitors like you!
a Faerie Garden
- Lily shares photos and gives instructions on how she created her
beautiful faerie garden. I just love her little campfire and
bridge she made!
Like This Page?
If you would like to see more Summer crafts hand picked by me, please
visit my Summer Crafts page on
Click Here to Order my 650 page ebook, A
Year of Creative Crafts
Work From Home
- I've turned my
passion for crafting into an extra income with
Crafts-For-All-Seasons.com - find out how you could do the