crafts can be found here! Summertime...
that wonderful time of year with warm weather, sunny skies, and the
kids are home from school! To keep them busy, try some of
crafts that will get their creativity and minds
Here you will find some beach themed crafts, which make
decorations for the
warmer weather. Also, be sure to check out some of the fun
crafts you can
make for your yard, like windsocks and wind spinners. Enjoy your
In addition to
crafting with the kids, check out these other fun summer family activities!
Do you grow rhubarb? Try making this stepping stone for your
garden using your rhubarb leaves!
Jar Candle Holder
- You can hang these jars on branches of a
tree or along your deck. Use a real tealight or try a flameless battery
- Learn how to make the perfect momento of your beach vacation by
placing seashells in a glass ball ornament. This doesn't just
have to be for the Christmas tree, they look pretty hanging in front of
a window too!
- An easy way to adorn a wooden plaque to
make cute wall hanging for the summer.
dragonfly is made with some wire and beads. It is a simple
beaded project for a beginner.
- This dragonfly is made out of window screening!
A pencil is the dragonfly's body. This looks
beautiful on a window or attached to a window screen.
- A fun craft for kids as young as one!
Children thread fruit ring cereal on to yarn to make a cute
- Learn how easy it is to make a bubble wand
that will create gigantic bubbles! I also include the secret
bubble recipe for HUGE bubbles. Be sure to see the video at
the end demonstrating the proper technique of creating gigantic bubbles
that will amaze your friends!
- Learn how to do a simple knotting technique to make
a cool hemp necklace.
- The kids will love making these colorful little lizards out of
plastic lace and a few pony beads. A great summer camp
- This small graduation cap is made out of
paper with a few simple folding techniques.
- Small booze bottles are recycled and
threaded on to a string of white lights to make the perfect party
- Step by step instructions show you how to
form this beautiful dragonfly out of polymer clay.
Pop Bottle Craft
- A green plastic pop
bottle is recycled into a light up firefly, using a glowstick!
Bottle Wind Spinner
- This unique wind spinner is made
out of a recycled 2 liter soda bottle.
- Your children will love making sand casts of their
hands and feet out of Plaster of Paris. This craft can be
done at the beach, or in their own sand box!
- This is a cute summer craft for kids. Paper
towel tubes are recycled and used to make a sandcastle. The
tubes are then rolled in glue and covered with sand.
- A quick and easy candle centerpiece with has
some nautical flair. It goes great with the seashell napkin
rings (link below).
- Beautiful napkin rings you can make yourself,
using a bit of jute and a few seashells. You will have these
for years to come!
- Looking for something to do with your collected
seashells? Make this beautiful wreath made out of seashells
for your front door.
- Adorable watermelon slices are created using
polymer clay and a simple cane technique.
- This project shows how to create a candle holder out of a normal wine
bottle (it is super easy!). It also shows a creative way to
decorate the bottle with seashells.
The crafts that appear
below are all submissions from visitors like you!
from Maple seeds
- Sylvie explains how to spray paint Maple
seeds and assemble them to create a beautiful butterfly.
Creating a Faerie Garden
- Lily shares her beautiful faerie garden. I just love her little campfire and the bridge she made!
from a Flower
- This cute little fish has fancy fins and a
tail, thanks to the petals of an artificial flower.
- Sylvie shows how easy
it is to
decorate a glass plate using 3D paint.
- If you live near a beach and have a collection of seaglass, try this!
Charmaine (from United States Virgin Islands) shows us how
uses bits of seaglass to form a beautiful work of art.
If you would like to see more Summer crafts hand picked by me, please
visit my Summer Crafts page on
For more free summer crafts
Crafts 4 Kids. This site has many craft ideas geared for the
younger ones in your family!