Mini Easter Baskets
These mini easter baskets are sure to
They look cute filled with jelly beans and small suprises. This
is a craft using recycled plastic applesauce or fruit cups. My
daughters eat a bunch of these so I wanted to put these cups to good
The cups create the basket, and pipe cleaners are used to make the
handle. A cupcake liner fits neatly inside the cup.
These would make
cute wedding favors or shower favors for a Spring event.
Needed to Make the Mini Easter Baskets:
- Recycled plastic cups from single serving applesauce or
- Spray paint (suitable for plastics) in pastel colors
- Two pipecleaners for each basket - Hole punch
- Cupcake liner
- Tag (optional)
Begin the mini easter baskets by cleaning out the plastic fruit cups
well, and allow them to dry completely.
2. Punch a hole on each side of the fruit cup with a hole punch. You
will need some strength here, squeeze hard! Alternatively you could
also use a drill (much easier) or a dremel tool with a drill bit. This
may be a better option if you are making a lot of these. In the photo
below, you can see I painted the cups first, however I learned it would
be much neater if you paint the cups AFTER you punch the holes so you
don't have to worry about ruining the paint.
3. Give the cups one or two coats of spray paint to cover them
completely. Make sure your spray paint is compatible with plastic
surfaces. Allow them to dry.
4. Using two different shades of pipecleaners, gently twist them
together as shown.
5. Thread the end of the twisted pipecleaner through the hole in the
basket, beginning on the outside and threading the end to the inside of
the cup. Then twist the inside short ends up and around the handle to
secure, as shown.
6. Tie a ribbon around the easter basket craft. Add a cupcake liner for
the goodies. You can also add a cute tag if you like, using die-cuts,
stickers, or stamps. I hope you had fun making this Easter craft!
Like This Page?
Click Here to Order my 650 page ebook, A
Year of Creative Crafts
Work From Home
- I've turned my
passion for crafting into an extra income with
Crafts-For-All-Seasons.com - find out how you could do the