Photo Holder Craft
Father's Day Crafts
This photo holder is an easy craft the kids will
enjoy decorating for their Dad. A wire loop is attached to a
wooden block, and can hold a photo, a card, or a picture for Dad's
desk. The base can be decorated in any way you like.
Here we used acrylic paints, but you can use stickers, beads,
gems, stones, buttons, or anything else you can think of! Just
glue them on with strong glue.
Needed for the Photo Holder:
- 1.5 inch wooden block (sold by the wood items in the craft
- WireForm soft aluminum modeling wire, 1/16" (comes on a
- drill or dremel tool with 1/16" drill bit or slightly
- wire cutters
- one inch dowel or other item for wrapping the wire
- embellishments or acrylic paints
1. Pictured below are the two items that make up this
craft, the wooden block and the spool of modeling wire.
2. Use a drill or a dremel tool, attach a drill bit that is slightly
larger than the diameter of your sturdy wire. Drill a hole in
the middle of the block, but don't go all the way through.
3. Wrap the wire around a one inch dowel (or similar sized object)
three times, then leave a tail coming off. Cut the tail as
long as you want the wire stem to be. Slide the coils off of
the dowel. Then, use pliers if necessary to squeeze the coils
tight together, so that a picture can be held tightly in between them.
4. Insert the wire into the block, and straighten it out if needed.
5. Now you are ready to decorate the base in any way you choose.
I painted it with acrylic paints. But get
creative... think dried flowers, buttons, scrapbooking
embellishments... the possibilities are endless! If you made
craft, please submit a picture below! Many thanks and happy
Did You Make This Craft? Do You Have Comments/Questions to Share?
How did you make your craft different? Please tell us! Do you have tips or ideas to make this craft better? Please share your story here! You can even upload a photo of your craft if you like. Feel free to give suggestions, or post any questions you may have related to this craft. I will post my answer for everyone to see.
What Other Visitors Have Shared
Click below to see contributions from other visitors to this page...
from Photo Holder to Father's Day Crafts
to the Crafts For All Seasons Home Page