Thumbprint Heart Bookmark
This thumbprint heart
bookmark is an easy craft perfect for school age children.
At times it can be hard finding a Valentine's Day craft for kids that is a bit different. So many of them involve cutting out hearts and making Valentines.
This craft is a bit different, and parents will
adore this, since the hearts are made using the child’s
thumbprint. What an excellent and easy gift to give for
- Red and white cardstock or construction
- Red stamp pad (or red paint)
- Hole Punch
- Length of ribbon (red, white, pink)
- Designer edge scissors
1. Cut out two rectangles from the red and white cardstock, each 1.5
inches wide and 6 inches long.
2. Using your thumb, press it into the red stamp pad or paint. Then,
depress your thumb down on the white cardstock rectangle, at a slight
angle to form one half of the heart. Then, overlap the first thumbprint
with a second thumbprint to form the heart. See the photos below for
proper placement. Using paint can be a bit trickier. Practice on scrap
3. Make four hearts down the center of the white rectangle.
4. Cut off the long edges of the white rectangle with decorator edge
5. Glue the white rectangle to the center of the red bookmark, to frame
it. Allow to dry.
6. Use a hole punch to
punch a hole near the top. Thread through some ribbon and tie. Here I
used velvet ribbon. I applied glue to the inside of the ribbon and
attached the other side to it, and allowed it to dry with a clothespin
holding it in place until dry.
Like This Page?
Click Here to Order my 650 page ebook, A
Year of Creative Crafts
Work From Home
- I've turned my
passion for crafting into an extra income with
Crafts-For-All-Seasons.com - find out how you could do the