This beautiful Cricut card is made using the Storybook cartridge and can be given away for any occasion, such as a birthday, thank you, sympathy, get well, etc.
You can make several of these at one time so you always have them ready. Then, simply add a tag with the appropriate saying and you have a quick card ready at a moment's notice.
1. Fold a
8.5" x 11" piece of white card stock
in half to create a 8.5" x 5.5" card. This will be the card
2. Cut a green piece of paper or card stock to 8.25" x 5.25". This is the first mat. Glue this mat to the front of the card.
3. Using fancy edge scissors, cut a purple piece of paper or card stock to 7.5" x 4.5". Center this and glue it on to the green mat.
4. Cut a green piece of paper or card stock to 6.75" x 3.75". Wrap a piece of ribbon around the left edge of this paper and tape the edges behind it. Then glue this piece of paper to the purple mat on the front of the card.
Load the white paper on to a mat.
Using the Storybook cartridge, press "shift", then the letter
"Z" (button 31). Then select the "accent blackout" special
feature button. This should select a solid oval.
Cut at size 3.5". Center this and glue it to the
front of the card.
6. Load the purple paper on to a mat. Using the Storybook cartridge, press "shift", then the letter "Z" (button 31). Then select the "accent/frame" special feature button. This should select the framed branch. Cut at size 3.5". Center this and glue it on top of the white oval.
7. Enhance the tips of the branches with a dot of purple glitter glue and allow to dry (optional).
8. Create a tag with a rubber stamp or a computer printer. I added the tag with a 3D foam square to add a bit of dimension.