I made this Lyrical Letters Cricut card for my children's teachers in honor of Teacher Appreciation week.
This project uses the Lyrical Letters cartridge. This is small square card measuring 4" x 4". There is a reason I chose this size. If you also have the Plantin Schoolbook cartridge you can make an envelope to fit this using a 8.5" x 11" piece of card stock.
Things Needed to Make this Lyrical Letters Cricut Card:
Optional: Envelope on Plantin schoolbook (select "roly poly") was cut at 4" on a 8.5" x 11" of cardstock.
1. Fold a 8" x 4" of cardstock in
half to create a 4" x 4" card. This will be the card base.
2. Cut a patterned sheet of paper 3 3/4" x 3 3/4" and glue it on top of the front of the card. I used the scalloped frame option on the Accent Essential cartridge (select "shift", then button 47. Cut at 3 3/4").
To make the title words, load your cardstock.
Select "Thanks" (button 41) then select "jumbo".
Select 3". Press "cut"
4. To make the background of the words, select "repeat last" but move the size up to 3 1/4". Press "cut". Lyrical Letters does not have a shadow feature. To create the same effect, I cut the shadow of the words 1/4" larger and just layered them slightly off-center. Glue everything on the center of the card.
4. Load on a contrasting shade of paper for the bird. Then select "shift", then select "thanks" (button 41), then select "jumbo". Select 3". Press "cut". This will cut out the bird only. Glue this directly on top of the bird on your card. Add glitter glue to the bird's wing for a little extra sparkle.
5. If you own the Plantin Schoolbook cartridge, you can make a perfectly sized envelope for this Lyrical Letters Cricut card, using only a 8.5" x 11" piece of cardstock. To do this, load your paper, select "shift" on Plantin Schoolbook, followed by the card button (button 48) which will select the envelope. Then select "roly poly". Select 4". Press "cut". Score on the fold lines and glue the envelope together. This card and envelope are so cute together!
Would you consider a small donation?
You will receive my craft ebook as a thank you!
Every little bit helps! If you are enjoying this site, would you consider making a small donation? I use the extra money to help with the cost of craft supplies! With any $5.00 donation or more, you will receive my 650 page ebook full of 178 craft tutorials from this site. Thank you for your consideration!
Click here to learn more about the book, and to make a donation.
Facebook CommentsHave Your Say About What You Just Read! Leave Your Comments or Questions Below.